Sandy

On 2017-07-14 2:56 PM, Sarah Jevnikar wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
> From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Joseph Krack
> Sent: July 14, 2017 1:31 PM
> To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
> Subject: [WebAIM] Form font sizes
>
> We (our new accessibility unit) are requiring our state agency to change the way they create forms to ensure accessibility. Currently they use font sizes down to 8 and 6 on the forms to ensure they fit onto a certain page count. I recommended we use our agency standard for print documents (Arial 12 - with the ability to go to 11 to have letters fit on one page) on forms. So basically no smaller than 11.
>
> This is causing some forms to increase page count, and this is leading to increased printing costs. Some forms are 25+ pages now, and with increased font size some people in high places are now becoming very interested in our new policy.
>
> I'd be interested to know what is the minimum font sizes people in this email group use/mandate/allow in your agencies/companies. I want to know if demanding 11 point font minimum is a reasonable request or if smaller font sizes would be reasonable in the case of forms. I will be going into meetings soon to discuss this and just wanted to have some other opinions from here to know if this is a hill to die on.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Krack