WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Firefox Accessible Way To Inspect Individual Elements?

for

Date: Dec 13, 2017 9:04AM

> The subject says it. I want to sometimes look at the code for individual elements. It takes a long time to view source and see an element I'm interested in. Is there an accessible way to do this?

In JAWS you can press JAWSkey+shift+f1 to see the tag and attributes under the virtual cursor.

In browsers with dev tools -- for elements in forms mode you may be able to press the applications key then inspect element and the current element will show up in the developer tools. You can then move focus to the developer toolbar and your focus should be on that element in the tree.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
Level Access, inc. (formerly SSB BART Group, inc.)
(703) 637-8957
<EMAIL REMOVED>
Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Blog
Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Jim Homme
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 11:00 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] Firefox Accessible Way To Inspect Individual Elements?

Hi,
The subject says it. I want to sometimes look at the code for individual elements. It takes a long time to view source and see an element I'm interested in. Is there an accessible way to do this?

Thanks.

Jim