WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Experience with MS Teams

for

Date: Mar 31, 2018 7:13PM

> Question, how does NVDA handle this situation?

NVDA seems to allow the user to go in and out of forms mode with commands like NVDA-Key+space.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of <EMAIL REMOVED>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 12:57 AM
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List' < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Experience with MS Teams

Question, how does NVDA handle this situation?
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Jonathan Avila
Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2018 4:57 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >

> I have experience using MS Teams some time back and found role="application" on left nave, chat list and chat history regions. This certainly doesn't let users to quit from application mode to browse/ virtual modes using ESCC key. This prohibits the use of quick keys so users can't navigate by headings, landmarks etc when the focus is in those regions. I am against the use of role="application" here instead they can provide that arrow key navigation alone with scripting without application role.

With JAWS press numpad Plus twice quickly to get out of application mode. I agree these situations are problematic even if there is a way to get out.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
Level Access
<EMAIL REMOVED>
703.637.8957 office

Visit us online:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Blog

Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!

From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Vemaarapu Venkatesh
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:29 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>

Hi,

I have experience using MS Teams some time back and found role="application" on left nave, chat list and chat history regions. This certainly doesn't let users to quit from application mode to browse/ virtual modes using ESCC key. This prohibits the use of quick keys so users can't navigate by headings, landmarks etc when the focus is in those regions. I am against the use of role="application" here instead they can provide that arrow key navigation alone with scripting without application role.

Thanks,
Venkatesh