WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: mailchimp accessibility and Patreon accessibility

for

Date: Apr 10, 2018 6:52AM

I have not look at the creating part of Constant Contact, but as a receiver of notices from organizations that use them, I have found that their e-mails are more likely to be accessible than the ones I have received from Mail Chimp.

HTH,
Jonathan Cohn

> On Apr 9, 2018, at 2:31 PM, Robert W Kingett < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> They talk a lot about users creating accessible emails, but when you, as a creator, start to get into the settings and otherwise, you find a lot of unlabeled buttons and even unlabeled links and unlabeled edit fields! I'm a writer, blogger, and journalist, not a coder. I want to spend more time creating and less time with servers and the like. So does anybody have any mailchimp alternatives?
>
>
> In another note, I am currently trying to get patreon to take accessibility seriously. So far, they have ignored me. I know many many people here don't use patreon or even know what it is, but I've lost money because of their inaccessibility.
>
>
> Below is a post on someone else's attempt to make it accessible.
>
>
> Patreon is a site that describes itself as the "best way for artists and creators to get sustainable income and connect with fans." This could be a great boon to many blind entrepreneurs, but to date the site has shown little interest in resolving its numerous accessibility shortcomings. You can read this blog post on the topic:
>
>
> https://incl.ca/patreon-and-accessibility/
>
>
> Advocacy efforts are underway to encourage the company to do the right thing. To join a mailing list about these efforts, send a blank message to:
> team+ <EMAIL REMOVED>
>
> > > >