WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: accessibility of dokeos elearning platform

for

Date: Sep 19, 2019 8:48AM

We have tested lots of e-learning platforms, mostly for small organisations. The accessibility has ranged from terrible to appalling. I can't think of any that our clients fixed to the level that I could recommend them.

We have also evaluated some from large organisations, like Articulate, and they were every bit as bad if not worse.

Steve Green
Managing Director
Test Partners Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Catherine Roy
Sent: 19 September 2019 15:38
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >; 'WebAIM Discussion List' < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] accessibility of dokeos elearning platform

Hi again Pratik,
One follow-up question to this, if I may. Considering your vast knowledge in accessibility, what e-learning platforms would you recommend? Which ones support best accessibility? And if anyone else wants to chime in here, the more the merrier.
Thanks!
Catherine

--Catherine Roywww.catherine-roy.net

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 10:21 AM -0400, "Pratik Patel" < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:

Hello Catherine,

We evaluated this platform for a client a few months ago. We found significant concerns regarding the platform and its ability to generate accessible content including videos with captioning. While I can't share the entire set of results, I can tell you that the summary was conclusive enough for us to recommend that our client not use this platform for employee training.

Regards,

Pratik

-----Original Message-----
Catherine Roy
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:14 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] accessibility of dokeos elearning platform

Hi,

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the elearning platform dokeos? Does it offer any accessibility?

https://www.dokeos.com

Thanks,

Catherine

--
Catherine Roy
http://www.catherine-roy.net