WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: accessible calendar controls

for

Date: Jan 25, 2022 1:57PM

Hi,
You can see an example of using aria-disabled for specifying disabled date ranges at
http://whatsock.com/Templates/Datepickers/With%20Disabled%20Weekends/index.htm

All the best,
Bryan

Bryan Garaventa
Principal Accessibility Architect
Level Access, Inc.
<EMAIL REMOVED>
415.624.2709 (o)
www.LevelAccess.com

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of <EMAIL REMOVED>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 12:15 PM
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List' < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] accessible calendar controls

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

I am looking for your feedback on distinguishing active and inactive days in a calendar widget.
I recently used walgreens.com to schedule a covid-19 test for someone. I was thrilled that most of the process was very accessible. The one widget that caused me some initial confusion was the calendar control.
The widget indicated the days when tests are available at my selected store by putting a link on the day. Days that were not providing tests just showed that number with no link I tried several times to pick a Friday test date before I noticed that day had no link.
I am presuming that using "aria-disabled" would be the way to distinguish the available days.

Meanwhile, I think I recall a discussion of calendar controls a few years ago but failed to find that in the archives just now.

Jeff Gutsell