WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Experience with Evinced

for

Date: Sep 13, 2023 8:03AM

Evinced is a new startup that I personally think has lots of potentials. I have witnessed their products and what they have to offer. They seem to have great products to support DevOps and CI-CD.

Their products tend to target UX Designers, Developers and QA Testers. They also support A11Y engineers big time. Where they might fall short a bit is with their business-side of the equation. For example, if you want directors, VPs or other business inclined individuals to track the A11Y improvement trend, they may not have enough charts, tables and reports to provide such data.

If your focus is on the technical roles I have mentioned above, then Evinced will have plenty of tools to support CI-CD. I have found some of their products to be quite impressive.

I'd like to conclude with the one fact that despite of AI and automation, manual testing and A11Y consultants will always be required in the foreseeable future. AI has not gotten robust enough to replace manual testing. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I do not foresee it replacing manual testing. There are so many variables and gray areas that AI might have difficulty resolving now and in the foreseeable future.

I hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Tom Livingston
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 8:28 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] Experience with Evinced

Hello list,

Does anyone have any experience with Evinced? ( https://www.evinced.com/ )

It doesn't appear to be an overlay solution, or at least not entirely...

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | medialogic.com