WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

NVDA erratic behaviour for Track Changes and comments

for

Date: Jul 31, 2024 12:47PM

Afternoon!
Curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I'm using the latest version of NVDA.
According to the NVDA user guide, if you press NVDA + Spacebar to go into browse mode, you can then press NVDA + F7 to go into the Elements list.
If the Word document has track changes and/or comments, they can be listed by going to the Annotations tab. They are combined into one list which is OK because Comments are identified separately from the Track Changes.
I've tried this numerous times over the past two weeks and up until today, it worked flawlessly. I get a list of both track changes/revisions and comments. Comments are identified as Comments in the list so it is usable.
However, this morning, I am only seeing Comments in the Annotations list, not the Track Changes.
I thought that maybe I needed to update Microsoft 365 which I did but still only get the Comments listed, not the Track Changes/revisions.
I do have other keyboard commands I can use to move around the Track Changes and accept them or reject them, that isn't the issue. The issue is that the NVDA Elements list is no longer giving me the Track Changes.
Is anyone else seeing this? I did check for an update to NvDA and my version is up to date.
I also tried getting the list without going into browse mode but still only get the Comments...or the Editor Pane opens. The result is inconsistent.
Cheers, Karen