E-mail List Archives
RE: Longdesc in Images
From: Patrick Lauke
Date: Sep 25, 2006 3:00AM
- Next message: Christian Heilmann: "Re: Longdesc in Images"
- Previous message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Longdesc in Images"
- Next message in Thread: Christian Heilmann: "Re: Longdesc in Images"
- Previous message in Thread: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Longdesc in Images"
- View all messages in this Thread
> Tim Beadle
> Does a logo *need* a long description? I would have thought that alt
> text would be sufficient.
I'd say that the alt should be the name of the company (i.e. the alt serves the function/purpose of the logo, which is to communicate which company site we're on), while longdesc describes the appearance of the logo itself (although in most situations I'm not sure this is necessary, unless we were creating a page which discusses the visual appearance and differences of logos, for instance, where this information is essential to the understanding of the rest of the page).
Patrick H. Lauke
External Relations Division
University of Salford
Room 113, Faraday House
Salford, Greater Manchester
T +44 (0) 161 295 4779
A GREATER MANCHESTER UNIVERSITY