Newsletter Archives - February 2009
Responses to WebAIM's screen reader survey results
The response to our screen reader survey results has been tremendous. Here are just a few of the responses to and insights into the initial results:
- WebAIM Survey Shines Light on Screen Reader Usage
- WebAIM Screen Reader Survey: A Closer Look at Flash and PDF Results
- Does your blog post have sections? Get organized with headings.
- Pioneering survey nets overwhelming results
- Lessons Learned From WebAIM Screen Reader Survey
Kel Smith provides insight into the new lawsuit.
GOALS (a partner with WebAIM) is creating a planning and assessment document for accessibility in postsecondary education. GOALS is currently seeking comment on a draft of 4 indicators - with benchmarks for each - that will help institutions improve their web accessibility system wide.
Tips and Resources
Dennis Lembree has re-built Twitter with web accessibility and strict web standards.
Henny Swan's timely article gives a few tips on how to survive even tighter web design budgets.
Gez Lemon gives an overview of some accessibility issues with Twitter and provides a rather simple solution to most of them.
WebAIM E-mail Discussion List
Selected recent threads