Zoom Accessibility Workshop
WebAIM Online Zoom Accessibility Workshop
When: March 1, 2023; 12–3pm Eastern (9am–12pm Pacific)
Where: Online via Zoom
Cost: $200/person ($160 each for groups of two or more)
Join WebAIM's accessibility experts for three hours of hands-on training on creating and hosting accessible Zoom meetings and webinars.
Registration is limited to ensure individualized attention, so register now to secure your place. There are currently 16 registrations remaining.
- What will I need to participate?
We strongly recommend:
- A reliable internet connection.
- A Zoom account
- A microphone. You will have opportunities to speak and ask questions.
- A webcam. We hope you will feel comfortable sharing your video to allow more personal interactions. After all, we are practicing how to make Zoom interactions more accessible.
- What kind of Zoom account do I need?
- You need to be able to create and host your own Zoom meetings. We will cover some features that are only available with paid accounts, such as polls, cloud recording, breakout rooms, and webinars. However, most of the features and principles that we will cover are also available to users of free Zoom accounts.
- Does this training cover how to create accessible slides and handouts?
- We will review some principles of creating accessible slides and documents, but that is not the focus of this workshop. We offer an online course on accessible documents and can also provide customized training on this topic.
- Will the training be archived?
- Since this is an interactive training and not a webinar, an archived version will not be available.
- Will the training be accessible?
- We have been providing online training for years and know what it takes to create an accessible online experience. The event will have automatic captions, and we will be happy to work with you before the event to address any accessibility concerns you might have.
- What if we have a group of people participating in the same room?
- A registration is for one person, and we strongly recommend that each person have their own Zoom account so that they can fully participate in activities.
- What other training options do you have?
- We also host virtual trainings on web accessibility and strategic accessibility and offer customized in-person or virtual training on just about any topic related to web or document accessibility.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- We offer a full refund for a cancellation more than 5 days before the event. There is a $75 fee for a cancellation within 5 days of the event. No-shows will not receive any refund.
- Configuring Zoom settings
- Accessibility accommodations
- Captions and automatic transcriptions
- Captioners and Sign Language Interpreters
- Other accommodations
- Creating the Meeting or Webinar
- Meeting and webinar settings
- Creating an accessible environment
- Accessible slides and materials
- Adjusting your display
- Setting up captions and interpreters
- Describing visuals and tasks
- Accessibility of Zoom features
- Share screen
- Breakout rooms
- Optimizing recorded meetings
- Preparing and distributing cloud recordings
- Exporting a caption file
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding the workshop or the registration process, please contact us.