E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessible Slide Show

for

From: James Nurthen
Date: Apr 29, 2016 4:22PM


forgot the link... https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/carousels/

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 3:21 PM, James Nurthen < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:

> I would also check out the WAI tutorial on Carousels
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Brian Lovely < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
>> I’ll have to check that out. This looks interesting, too:
>> http://hanshillen.github.io/jqtest/#goto_carousel <
>> http://hanshillen.github.io/jqtest/#goto_carousel>; Not sure if the
>> hanshillen carousel supports multiple elements per slide or not.
>>
>> I was looking at some hotel chain sites using VoiceOver. They were pretty
>> problematic, especially carousels, so I started wondering how much they
>> could retain the same look and feel while adding accessibility.
>>
>> Brian Lovely
>>
>> 3264 Milton Ave
>> Columbus OH 43202
>>
>> <EMAIL REMOVED>
>> 513.319.8492
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> > On Apr 29, 2016, at 5:44 PM, Timothy Hohne < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > You may want to check out slides.com <http://slides.com/>; <
>> http://slides.com <http://slides.com/>;> (there is also a free version of
>> the underlying software). It is based on HTML and while I don’t believe it
>> has great accessibility out of the box, it may be easily feasible to
>> enhance.
>> >
>> > Tim
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On 4/29/16, 1:55 PM, "WebAIM-Forum on behalf of Brian Lovely" <
>> <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto:
>> <EMAIL REMOVED> > on behalf of <EMAIL REMOVED>
>> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >> wrote:
>> >
>> >> I know there’s not much chance of creating an accessible slide show,
>> but does anyone have any suggestions of how to present multiple screens of
>> information on a single page? My initial thought is to just display them in
>> a grid.
>> >>
>> >> The type of slideshow I am thinking of is a sort of fancy navigation
>> where you have a link to a page on a graphic along with some copy and/or a
>> call to action. Like a picture of people sitting by a swimming pool with
>> text saying “Sign up for a season pool pass” and a “sign up” link to the
>> season pass page.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Brian Lovely
>> >>
>> >> 3264 Milton Ave
>> >> Columbus OH 43202
>> >>
>> >> <EMAIL REMOVED>
>> >> 513.319.8492
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> >> >> >> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__list.webaim.org_&d=CwIGaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=qOlXEeyKZeu-rZj6R-V1o17Do0v2f9RzbD3gfrpuBWE&m=zrZAT8SaM6qq490vynwVXsT27_Am040l-MGsEIIdNCo&s=wfxwrooBBtGRPrzPpGtlVV-m4qfJxYWVrO5SH3whFVQ&e>> <
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__list.webaim.org_&d=CwIGaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=qOlXEeyKZeu-rZj6R-V1o17Do0v2f9RzbD3gfrpuBWE&m=zrZAT8SaM6qq490vynwVXsT27_Am040l-MGsEIIdNCo&s=wfxwrooBBtGRPrzPpGtlVV-m4qfJxYWVrO5SH3whFVQ&e>> >
>> >> List archives at
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__webaim.org_discussion_archives&d=CwIGaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=qOlXEeyKZeu-rZj6R-V1o17Do0v2f9RzbD3gfrpuBWE&m=zrZAT8SaM6qq490vynwVXsT27_Am040l-MGsEIIdNCo&s=9oPlIYadhzS0MgPAC3LhqrHAVyarEAHjyfcBk8NXxPE&e>> <
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__webaim.org_discussion_archives&d=CwIGaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=qOlXEeyKZeu-rZj6R-V1o17Do0v2f9RzbD3gfrpuBWE&m=zrZAT8SaM6qq490vynwVXsT27_Am040l-MGsEIIdNCo&s=9oPlIYadhzS0MgPAC3LhqrHAVyarEAHjyfcBk8NXxPE&e>> >
>> >> >> <EMAIL REMOVED> >
>> > >> > >> http://list.webaim.org/>;
>> > >> http://webaim.org/discussion/archives>;
>> > >> <EMAIL REMOVED> >
>> >> >> >> >>
>
>