WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Making Accessible PDF's Without Using Adobe Pro

for

Date: Mar 29, 2019 2:34PM

I've purchased Nuance's PowerPDF Advanced and it has tools similar to Acrobat and an add in to Microsoft Office. I can create an accessible PDF from my Accessible Word document.

I've also purchased Foxit Phantom Pro and it too has tools similar to Acrobat and a Ribbon in Word (only conversion I've tried). I didn't get a tagged PDF from the Foxit Ribbon and can't find a setting to do so, but am still looking. The Foxit tool took over my computer in terms of PDF and I had to 'turn it off" in several places. It kept fighting me when I tried to make Acrobat my default PDF tool. I have turned off every Foxit add-on for my browser and still, EVERU time I try to download a PDF I get a dialog asking me to allow Foxit to open it...and if I say don't allow, I can't download the file. This is a problem because it seems that if I open a PDF in Foxit, I can't do anything with it in Acrobat or PowerPPDF. This is REALLY annoying.

So am still looking at both of them but am spending time trying to figure out how to stop the Foxit application from taking over my computer.

Cheers, Karen

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 29, 2019, at 3:42 PM, Jim Homme < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim
>
>
>
> ==========
> Jim Homme
> Digital Accessibility
> Bender Consulting Services
> 412-787-8567
> https://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions
>
> > > >