Web Accessibility Training
Web Accessibility Training
When: February 11–12
Where: Logan, Utah
Cost: $950/person ($800/person for groups of two or more)
Join WebAIM's accessibility experts for two days of web accessibility training February 11–12, 2019 in beautiful Logan, Utah.
- This training session will teach everything from basic web accessibility principles to advanced accessibility techniques.
- Learn what you need to know to ensure that your web site meets legal guidelines and international standards.
- This training is primarily suited for web developers, though it will be valuable for designers, program managers, quality assurance experts, or anyone interested in gaining a deep understanding of web accessibility. A basic understanding of HTML is recommended.
- If you are looking for organizational or system change work in accessibility, you may want to consider our Strategic Accessibility Workshop – Strategica11y as this may be a better fit for your needs.
Training participants receive a complimentary registration for WebAIM's Document (Word, PowerPoint, and PDF) Accessibility online course - a $125 value.
Our previous trainings have received an average evaluation rating of over 4.5 out of 5. Read what others have said about WebAIM trainings
Registration is limited to ensure you get individualized attention, so register now to secure your seat. There are currently 9 seats remaining.
- Principles of Web Accessibility: Building Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust (POUR) web sites.
- How do individuals with disabilities interact with and use the web? Understanding how assistive technologies work.
- Understanding your legal requirements - Section 508, Section 504, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other state, U.S., and international laws.
- Evaluating web site accessibility - automated tools, user testing, using screen readers, and understanding the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
- Captioning considerations and recommendations
- HTML Accessibility Techniques
- Images and appropriate alt text
- Form labels
- Frame titles
- Tables - layout tables, table headers, and associating data cells with headers
- Keyboard accessibility techniques
- HTML5, CSS, and web application accessibility
- ... and much, much more.
- Putting it all together
- Evaluation tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Accessible navigation, structure, and semantics
- The last afternoon of the training will be split into two sessions to allow in-depth focus on these topics - one for Advanced forms and ARIA accessibility and the other for Document Accessibility - Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint).
One of the best technical conferences I've attended.
December 2017 Training Participant
If you want to learn the skills required to ensure your organization's web site is accessible, this training will provide what you need. We'll also provide the resources and information you need to empower your organization to meet all of your future accessibility needs.
WebAIM has trained tens of thousands of web developers across the world. Clients include PayPal, IBM, eBay, the Internal Revenue Service, several state governments, and over 100 colleges and universities. WebAIM trainers have presented at hundreds of conferences and meetings around the world and are active in web accessibility standards development.
Training times will be from 9am-5pm on Tuesday, February 11th and from 9am-3:30pm on Wednesday, February 12th. This leaves time to get to Salt Lake City for an evening flight after approximately 6pm. The training will be held in Room 307 of the Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University.
Registration includes breakfast and lunch on both days. Computers are not provided, but complimentary wireless internet access will be provided. We recommend that participants bring a laptop or tablet.
Pre-training Tour and Dinner
For those that are interested, we will be having pre-conference tour of scenic Logan Canyon on Monday afternoon (we'll leave Logan at 3:30pm). We will also hold a pre-training dinner in Logan on Monday evening if you would like to join us.
As part of a training registration, you'll have the opportunity to secure exclusive technical assistance time with WebAIM staff at a discounted price. You can purchase either 3 or 5 hours of Training Plus consultation time to be used before or within 4 months of the training date.
The training was a great overview as I am new to this entire realm. I learned a lot and have many follow-ups for my company based on what I learned. The instructors were very knowledgeable, which was helpful as a novice.
June 2019 Training Participant
Logan, Utah is readily accessible via Salt Lake City. The Salt Lake City airport is accessed by all major airlines. Logan is a scenic 1.5 hour drive North of Salt Lake City. Shuttle service is available (select the USU location - this is a short walk from the University Inn).
Our training site is close to many recreational and scenic areas, including Logan Canyon Scenic Highway (10 minutes), Bear Lake (1 hour), Park City (2 hours), Yellowstone National Park (4 hours), Jackson Hole (4 hours), and Zion National Park (5 hours). There are plenty of opportunities if you would like to extend your trip and see more of Utah and beyond.
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding the training or the registration process, please contact us by e-mail or at 435-797-8284.